Mission Statement of Ko’asek of Turtle Island Inc
The Koasek of Turtle Island Inc. is committed to advancing knowledge and understanding of our Native culture in our traditional ways regarding our ancient territory. Through partnership and cooperation with other Native people we strive to unite within the Wabanaki Confederacy in peace and harmony.
Our purpose is to educate Tribal members and the Public in our ancient ways and customs while incorporating these tools in our contemporary Native life today. Priority is given to respect, honor and peace between our Abenaki cousins and humanity while protecting the earth and all living things.
- Chief and Elder Paul Bunnell, New Hampshire, Director
- Sub-Chief and Elder Sandra DeForge, Kentucky, Director
- Kris Martindale, Oregon, Treasurer
- Cheri Pernaw, New Hampshire, Secretary
- Michael Byers, Wisconsin, Officer
- Jacob Waters, Minnesota