Pow Wow 2022-Alstead, New Hampshire 11-12 June 2022
Alstead New Hampshire Koasek Power Wow 11-12th June 2022 Presented by the Koasek of Turtle Island, Inc., a 501/c3 Non-Profit
We are seeking drummers, dancers, regalia displays, vendors, volunteers, storytellers, re-enactors, announcers, donors, and sponsors. Please let us know if you plan to attend as a vendor, dancer, drummer, announcer, volunteer, or just attending. Contact Bunnelloyalist@aol.com
Drummers: Please check in with us.
Entrance Donation: $5.00 (Children under 12 free admission)
Vendor Site Donation: $25.00.
- Friday, 10 June 2022: Vendor and event set up time @ 12 Noon
- Saturday, 11 June 2022: Pow Wow opens at 10am EST, Grand entry 12 Noon EST. Closes at 4pm EST
- Sunday, 12 June 2022: Pow Wow opens at 10am EST Grand entry, 12 Noon EST. Closes at 4pm EST
- Monday, 13 June 2022: Vendor exit by 12 Noon EST
Ko’asek (Co’wasuck) Traditional Band of Sovereign Abenaki Nation; Koasek Turtle Island, Inc (501/c3).
Alyson’s Orchard of Alstead, NH; Claremont Savings Bank;
Orchard Hill Breadworks, Alstead NHDr. James Case & Tricia O’Connell & Family – In memory of Edward J. O’Connell, Jr., Dan Duhaime, David Nepveu,
Sound System by Mya & Tony Hay of Medicine River Native Trust, Savings Bank of Walpole NH, Alstead General Store, Denise DeMello, Mascoma Bank, Steven Wright, Jim Haskins, Dan & Gigi Brakeville, Norman & Dolores Shoultz, Layla Burke-Hastings, Diana Brantley, Jacob Waters, and so many more.
Nation Abenakise MSAKKIKKAN (Sartigan), St-Ephrem de Beauce, Quebec, Canada
MC Open (we need an MC)
Drums & Singers (others reaffirm) Sacred Earth Singers (Need more drum groups) Need food, vendors & Fry Bread vendor Need vendors & performers
Pow Wow Process
A fire is lit in the circle and must burn night and day until pow wow is over. Usually, a pow-wow grand entry starts at noon (12).When this happens, there are no cameras allowed and people stand as natives and flag carriers enter the circle. Hats must be taken off. Our Emcee, is all you need to follow her instructions. After that ceremony, the next entry will be an honor to our Veterans. The same rules apply.
There could be one more entry ceremony to honor all tribes who attend.After that process, the Emcee announces what is next with dancers, drummers, and singers.
We will have recognition ceremonies for others if any.Special recognition for our Sartigan Quebec Nation Cousins.Recognition of other tribe’s present.
Induction ceremony of Dr. Ruth Moore to Tribal Restorative Therapist. If there is a naming ceremony, one will happen.
General dancing in a circle throughout days.
If enough dancers show up, there will be a dance contest with prizes. There will be a candy game/dance in the circle for children.
We hope to have storytellers and a Flute Player.
Arts and food vendors.
Unplanned events that surface.
Closing Ceremony. (Sunday around 3 PM)
(Please verify 2021 participation)
Koasek Tribal Tent Internity (Wellness) Tent Beadworks by Jean Schwartz (Framingham Ma)Crafts by Otis Taylor (Brattleboro VT)Crafts by Daniel Duhaime (New Hampshire) Alstead Historical Society (Alstead NH)Koasek Boles Family Basket Makers & Vendor table Kendall parker designs Kendall Parker – Crafts Ayanna Proctor – Woodland Crow Leather (Maryland)Michael Longrider – Flute Vendor
Ignite Sacred Fire 9 AM Saturday (to run 24 hours until Sunday 4:30 PM)Sacred Earth Singers & Drums & MC Introduction Grand Entry at 12 Noon, Koasek Tribe following all other tribesVeterans Honored & Flag Recognition in Circle
Welcome Dance in Circle for all People
Michael Longrider – Flute Player
Koasek Special Recognition CeremonyKoasek Ceremony for “Tribal Restorative Therapist.”Adult Dance Contest (if available)Young Dance Contest (If available)Children Candy Stampede
Sacred Fire off at 4:30 PM Sunday – End of Pow Wow
Places To Stay
- Bellows Walpole Inn, 297 Main St., Walpole NH 03608, 603-756-3320, http://www.bellowswalpoleinn.com/ (7 miles from Alstead)
- Days Inn, Wyndham Keene NH, 3 Ash Brook Rd., Keene, NH 603-727-4785, (19 miles from Alstead) https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/days-inn/keene-new-hampshire/days-inn-keene-nh/overview?CID=LC:DI::GGL:RIO:National:03549&iata=00093796
- The Putney Inn, 57 Putney Landing Rd., Putney, VT 05346, 802-536-4200, http://putneyinn.com/ (20 miles from Alstead)
- The Captain Woodbury Guesthouse, 22 Charlestown Rd., Acworth, NH 03601, 603-835-7986, https://www.captainwoodburyguesthouse.com/ (9 miles from Alstead)
- Rodeway Inn, 593 Rockingham Rd., Bellows Falls, VT 05101, 802-463-4536, (9 miles from Alstead)(https://www.choicehotels.com/vermont/bellows-falls/rodeway-inn-hotels/vt070?source=gyxt
- Holiday Inn Express Springfield, 818 Charlestown Rd., Springfield, VT 05156 802-885-4516, https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/springfield/spgvt/hoteldetail (12 miles from Alstead)
- Harvest Barn Inn, 16 Webb Terrace #3157, Bellows Falls, VT 05101, 802-732-8254, http://www.harvestbarninn.com/ (8 miles from Alstead)
- Alysons Archard, 57 Alysons Ln., Walpole, NH 03608, 603-756-9800, https://alysonsorchard.com/(11 miles from Alstead)
- Motel Westminster, Westminster, VT 05158, 802-722-3073 (9 miles from Alstead)
- Inn at Valley Farms, 633 Wentworth Rd., Walpole, NH 03608, 603-756-2855, https://www.innatvalleyfarms.com/ (10 miles from Alstead)
- Campgrounds Surry Mountain Camp Ground, 271 NH 12A, Surry, NH 03431, 603-352-9770 (13 miles from Alstead)(Check if open)
- Pierre W. Hoge Conservation Base, Eaton Rd., Walpole, NH 03608, (5 miles to Alstead)
- Tree Farm Campground, 53 Skitchewaug Trail, Springfield, VT 05156, 802-885-2889, http://www.treefarmcampground.com/ (16 miles from Alstead)
- Wheelock Park, Park Ave., Keene, NH 03431, 603-357-9829, (18 miles from Alstead) https://ci.keene.nh.us/user/login
Notice To Vendors
The town of Alstead has approved a tent or camper at your vendor site at the pow wow. You must notify Chief Paul Bunnell to reserve those spots Bunnellloyalist@aol.com For more information regarding our June 2022 Pow Wow click here to download our Alstead New Hampshire Koasek Pow Wow flyer
This event is a non-alcohol and drug free activity